Friday, March 9, 2018

Sick Days + Links








Dean is home sick with strep throat this week. I've had to cancel appointments and meetings, leaving me free to do legos with him and make soup that he refuses to eat. Fingers crossed that his appetite returns soon. I have finished knitting the never-ending sweater! I still need to kitchener stitch the underarms, weave in all the loose ends, and block it. The knitting portion may be finished, but the work isn't. Spring is giving us a lot of hints outside. My rhubarb is coming up, no sign of the asparagus yet though.

Making me happy this week:

-the podcast series' Making Oprah and Making Obama

-this interview with Alex Delaney who has one of my favorite Instagram accounts

-the podcast Pantsuit Politics  - I've really been enjoying their nuanced point of view

-looking forward to Gaby's new cookbook. Her chicken parm meatballs recipe is incredible!

-this recipe for mug cake. It's so easy it's dangerous.


Lastly, a shoutout to the advice nurse at our doctor's office yesterday who, after telling me to bring Dean in if his symptoms didn't improve in a couple of days and hanging up the phone, changed her mind and got him an appointment to be seen within the hour. I'm so glad she trusted her instincts!

2 comments:

  1. I would say to medical people mom's knows their children well and if they think they need to be seen please find a way for the kid to be seen. I have been there! Hope he is improving fast. lovely signs of Spring around you! Here we are covered in snow and more predicted for Monday. The sweater is lovely! I can't knit so I do admire all the work I see in all the blogs I visit. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater! It's a thing of beauty. I hope Dean wasn't ill for too long. xx

    ReplyDelete