Wednesday, February 23, 2011

rediscovering the library



here are a few books that i just placed holds on at my local library. even though my daughter is still a baby at 10 1/2 months old, i've already started thinking about what i want for her future. i've started looking into different types of education and am really intrigued by the Waldorf School style. I still don't know much about it, so i picked these books to help inform me: Waldorf Education: A Family Guide, You Are Your Child's First Teacher, and Simplicity Parenting.
i also am hungry to make things again. i am setting up my sewing studio right now and can't wait to get back into it. my cousin is going to start coming by for a couple of hours each week to hang out with the little one so i can get some creative time in. i've been out of the creative habit for a while now, but i think these books will give me the creative kick that i need: Crafting a Meaningful Home, The Creative Family, and Paper + Craft. i have had most of these in my amazon wish list for sometime. i would stop by there from time to time to drool over them. it didn't occur to me until today to check the library. love that library! as i type this there is some rare snow falling outside. oh, how i wish i had one of these books to curl up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment