Tuesday, March 26, 2013

knitting love

i have sung my mother-in-law's praises before. well, get ready for some more! i addition to being a great cook she also is an amazing knitter. let's have a look at a few things that she has knit for my kids:




i think this might be the cutest baby sweater ever. bunny ears! wooden buttons! organic cotton! so soft and perfect. 


 this is a beautiful bolero sweater that crosses over in the front. alas, my model wasn't being very cooperative during our 'photo shoot.' it is soft and gorgeous.



here is my reluctant model in this sweet wool dress. isn't it lovely? it has bunny buttons.

she also knit a baby blanket for gigi and a vest that i haven't managed to photograph. she also knit an adorable hat for dino that he hasn't grown into yet.




and lastly here is my first real knitting project. gigi is turning three next week and i'm making this scarf for her. i'm crossing my fingers that with the help of you tube i can remember/figure out how to do the little ruffled edge and bind off. hopefully with a lot of practice i'll be able to knit up a sweater or two for my little ones someday.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! My almost 5 year old LOVES scarves and constantly is asking me to make her new ones :-) The yarn is so pretty with the striping too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i think this might be the beginning of many requests for scarves, hats etc.

      Delete
  2. I made a scarf for my daughter too - good luck! Does your Mother in law work on comission?! The ears are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i want to ask her to make that bunny sweater in every size until he is at least two years old!

      Delete
  3. Your mother in law is very talented! My mother in law always knits my kids the most amazing things (I just wish she wouldn't use squeaky plastic acrylic yarn all the time though...)

    Gorgeous photos of your babies. I made my daughter a scarf recently and it makes me ridiculously happy every time she chooses to wear it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i understand the lure of acrylic yarn, because it is inexpensive, but why put in all of that work with substandard materials?

      Delete
  4. It looks beautiful! She will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete