Monday, November 21, 2016

Grateful








The last week was kind of a blur. On Monday I had one of the busiest days I've ever had: take Dean to school, drive out to another school to volunteer at the district's Clothing Closet, pick up lunch from a drive-thru (terrible idea on all levels), pick Dean up, pick Gianna up, go home to do homework and prep dinner, go to community center for the kids' swim lessons, back home to eat dinner, off to yet another school for an auction committee meeting, finally back home for a glass of wine before falling into bed. A few short hours later the misery began. Somewhere on my journey I either got food poisoning (from the always-a-terrible-idea drive-thru lunch) or caught a stomach bug from one of the four schools or community center I visited. Since most of the week I have been on the White Flour Diet of dry toast and saltines with some occasional broth, I don't have food photos this week. Who wants to look at a bowl of saltines? Not me.

I managed to get some stitching in on the advent calendar that I'm fairly certain won't be ready until a year from now. I haven't done much embroidering before and I'm enjoying it a lot. It is simple and so satisfying to complete a tiny task such as a number. Earlier this year I ordered an ornament kit from the amazing Alicia Paulson at Posie Gets Cozy and was accidentally sent an embroidery sampler instead. She promptly sent me the kit I had ordered and I got to keep the sampler. I'm looking forward to getting into it after I finish the advent calendar.

Tomorrow we are headed to Missouri for a Thanksgiving Family Reunion for my husband's family. We are all looking forward to it. I am trying my hardest to get back into prime eating and drinking form! His big Italian Catholic family really knows how to have a good time. I read a great post last week about the election and the holiday where people are sure to be around family members with varying political views. "Bring whatever you like for food and go heavy on the love. We need that most of all." I'm going to keep it in the back of my mind during our trip.

Now that I am almost feeling completely back to normal I am playing catch up (doing loads of laundry, cleaning out the fridge) and getting ready for a five day trip (packing all of that laundry, gathering snacks and activity books for the plane). I even snuck out to our local bookstore to pick up Zadie Smith's newest book. I've loved her ever since White Teeth and am looking forward to escaping into this book a bit.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment