Monday, February 6, 2017

Let The Sun Shine






Friday morning greeted us with a mini ice storm that cancelled school. Saturday brought a fever for Gianna and an unending marathon of My Little Pony. Sunday brought a contractor who cut a hole in our dining/kitchen wall. We've been wanting to make this change ever since we bought this house. It's amazing how different it feels. The light from the living room is flowing into the otherwise dark kitchen. The various drawers are stashed in the dining room and garage, and the counter top is on sawhorses but it's only temporary and totally worth this little inconvenience. I can't wait to see it all finished!

Before the contractor arrived yesterday I spent the morning putting beef stew into the Instant Pot to slow cook all day and assembling a lasagna for tonight. When Gianna, who didn't eat anything but maybe one saltine yesterday, saw me making the lasagna she said, "Will you please save a piece for me because I just don't think I can eat it tonight." She was so sad and then was delighted to hear I was saving it for the next night (tonight). She is much perkier today and is looking forward to dinner.


1 comment:

  1. I love to make lasagna when we have company. It is a wonderful meal that everyone loves. Your house will be filled with light. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete