Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Change







In my kitchen over the last week or two: Creamy Braised Chicken for tacos (so easy!), Cinnamon Glazed Popcorn, and No Knead Bread, plus many other things I didn't snap photos of, like Skillet Mac and Cheese with ham and peas, blueberry muffins, omelettes, teriyaki chicken...

Josephine, the company that I run my cooking business through, announced that they are closing the business, which means my business is also closing. I'd have to do all of my cooking at a commercial kitchen if I wanted to continue making dinners for people, which is more of an investment than I am wanting to make right now. Once Dean is settled in kindergarten in the fall I might look into doing a little baking business, but that's months away. 

A friend and I have been in the process of starting up a Girl Scout troop at Gianna's school. I originally volunteered to be a troop leader because I had just found out Josephine was closing so I had some free time. I had no idea what I was really getting myself into. After the first training session (where you're told that you're going to be molding future leaders) my co-troop leader looked at me and said, "I don't know if I'm qualified to do this. I'm just a lawyer." Wish us luck at our first official meeting later this month!

2 comments:

  1. All the food looks great!! My daughter was a scout and really enjoyed that. I see you made a great bread! I want to find a whole wheat recipe for one of those no knead bread. Thanks for sharing! May you have a peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Angela! I have a recipe for a no knead bread that is half white and half whole wheat flour. I'm sure you could find a 100% whole grain recipe. I imagine the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes per Day people have something that would work for you. Have a good weekend!

      Delete