Saturday, October 19, 2019

Sliding Into Autumn


















We closed out summer by picking peaches, apples and pears. I made peach pies (two for the freezer!), pear custard pie, caramelized pear baked oatmeal, and many jars of apple-pear sauce. Once again, I ran out of energy and time to put up tomatoes. Perhaps next year?

Last spring we said goodbye to our beloved family cat. This fall we welcomed a new furry friend into our home. We've named him Winston, but I've nicknamed him Tripper because he runs right in front of me every time I walk into the kitchen. He is black with yellow eyes; a true Halloween cat.

We've been watching the Great British Baking Show on Friday nights. I've been sneaking a peek ahead and baking something that goes with the theme of the show. Even after eating dinner, it is impossible to watch that show and not want something sweet to eat. I baked snickerdoodles for Biscuit Week, even though they were nothing like the cookies they made on the show. Last week I looked up the official recipe for the technical challenge, thinking I could surprise everyone with it. Now I have even more respect for those bakers! I utterly failed with my original plan, but we all enjoyed the store bought puff pastry slathered with store bought lemon curd. Sometimes on a Friday night the easiest way is the best way.

1 comment:

  1. CUANTAS COSAS RICAS!!!
    TENGO GANAS DE HACER GALLETAS PERO NO ME DECIDO.
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete