Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mother's day!




my mother's day got off to an early start, 2:30 am specifically, when gigi woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for two hours. she wasn't upset, just awake. it's fitting, really, since things like this are the essence of motherhood. well, that and super wonderful moments, like this lovely scene that i woke up to this morning.


my husband is a really good mother's day fairy: some new gardening gloves and tools, flowers, tea towels, an incredibly sweet card, and donut holes!


and because i can't ever seem to sleep in, even when i was awake for two hours in the middle of the night, i had some delightful quiet time all to myself while everyone else slept in this morning: watering the garden, feeding cabbage worms to the chickens, a glass of milk with too many donut holes and reading one of my favorite blogs. a little later we're going to meet my mom for lunch, and then grill some steaks and corn for dinner, while enjoying this beautiful and hot day. happy mother's day to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Cassie! What a lovely collection of gifts and flowers. I hope you enjoyed your day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful Mothers's Day! Your flowers are beautiful and I love the vase!

    ReplyDelete