Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Outdoors









More and more we are outside; eating, playing, creating, cooking, growing. We are even reading about forest adventures. Homemade Roasted Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream is a favorite right now. When I was roasting the strawberries and vanilla bean Dean walked through the house, inhaled and said, "I'm breathing strawberry shortcake!" It was a pretty magical smell.

The temperatures are going to rise this weekend. Yesterday I was looking at camping spots at the beach, but when I checked this morning to book one they were already all taken. I guess I wasn't the only person with that idea. Why didn't I book it yesterday? A day trip to the coast will have to suffice.

School ends next week, which brings end of year parties and potlucks for both of the kids' schools. Then the vast emptiness of summer. We have some camping trips and a few things planned, but also a lot of unscheduled time too. I've been making a mental list of things to do with both of them (berry picking, swimming, art, baking, playing with friends, picnics, etc) and a list of things to do with just Gianna since there will be a few mornings that Dean will be at preschool. So far I've come up with teach her to knit and sew, other more complicated craft projects that require both of our undivided attention, a list of chapter books for her to read to me (although Dean would enjoy that if he was feeling patient), a list of chapter books I could read to her, practice her knife skills in the kitchen, and maybe a trip to the art museum.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos - it looks like you're outside all the time and enjoying some beautiful weather. But mainly I was scrutinising the tiling you have behind your stove as that's pretty much exactly what we want and hopefully John will be doing some tiling magic next weekend... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! My husband did our tiling. It took longer than he thought and the black grout was really messy. But so worth it!

      Delete