Thursday, September 29, 2016

Flock, Flora, and Food











I've loved Japanese Anemones forever. Somewhere there are photos of me posing in front of my grandparents' pink anemones on my first day of school when I was six or seven. Now that our front yard is no longer a mess of blackberries and dying grass, I've had the opportunity to plant all of the plants I've always wanted to have. There isn't much shade in the front yard, but there is one spot shaded by a big pink rhododendron that I've stuck three anemones in; two white and one pink. The first one to bloom has these pretty blue/purple streaks on the back of the petals. Swoon... Can't wait for the others to bloom too!

Last weekend we went to the Flock and Fiber Festival. It features yarn (fiber) and the animals that provide the fiber for the yarn (flock). The kids love the animals, I love the yarn and the animals, and we all love the corndogs and ribbon fries. I don't know how I didn't take any photos of yarn. Whoops! The angora bunnies were so amazing. They look like they're squished into their cages but really they're like 80% fur and only 20% animal. We got to pet one and it was like petting a cloud. So Soft.

On monday night, after speed eating our dinner, we all watched the presidential debate. Playing bingo helped offset the anger I felt while listening to the stream of lies come out of Trump's mouth a bit. At the end of it Gianna, who is six and a half, said that she thought Trump and her class bully (my word, not hers) would get along because "they just seem similar." She is wise beyond her years.

No comments:

Post a Comment