Thursday, November 21, 2019

Minimal














My husband was out of town for almost two weeks and my cooking got quite minimal. So minimal that most of it wasn't worthy of snapping a photo or two. Lots of beans and rice, take out burritos, pasta, and chili. Once he came back, and I didn't have to do everything anymore, I braised some pork, made custard for our Great British Baking Show viewing, and baked some Jam Buns. I tried putting raspberry jam and lemon curd in the buns (which are more like biscuits) and, while the lemon curd was delicious, it spilled everywhere. The jam is a better choice, especially since I made them to go backpacks to be eaten for snacks at school. This week I've been consumed with listening to the impeachment hearings, so I've kept cooking fairly minimal; spatchcocked chicken, sausage with squash and orzo, beans and rice, pasta with meat sauce, chili, etc. Easy and pleasing.

We've had a knitting renaissance here, with both kids picking up their needles after many months or possibly even a year off of knitting. They're both working on scarves. I'm working on a hat that I started forever ago as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment